The City of Albemarle offers many exciting employment opportunities. Our employees receive a very compensative plan with excellent benefits and with a very rewarding career.
Please note that the chosen applicants will be offered the job contingent upon passing a substance abuse test.
How to Apply for a City of Albemarle position:
- Presently employed City personnel may apply directly to the City Human Resources Director.
- All qualified applicants must complete a City of Albemarle Employment Application, which can also be obtained from the Albemarle NCWorks local office, 944 N First Street, Albemarle, NC.
- Completed application may be submitted in person to NCWorks or the City Human Resources Office via email, fax, or mail.
The City of Albemarle is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$8.16 Hourly
- Posted Date:04/02/2019 10:08 AM
Reports To: Program Supervisor
Location/Hours: Various Pool Facilities; Varied schedule – evening and weekend work required
Closing Date: Open until filled
The purpose of this position is to ensure the safety of the public by providing a safe and organized environment for patrons in and around the pool. We’re seeking individuals with an ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations and skilled in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
• Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
• Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
• Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
• Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
• Prepares and maintains appropriate activity reports.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Excellent communication skills
• Cash handling and basic math
• American Red Cross Lifeguard Training or equivalent; CPR and First Aid Certified.
• Ability to pass a pre-employment physical skills evaluation as stipulated by the department.
ABOUT THE CITY OF ALBEMARLE
The City of Albemarle is home to approximately 16,000 residents and provides a full range of municipal services to a growing community. Albemarle has a very strong and stable history in the Council-Manager form of government. The successful candidate must have effective interpersonal skills and desire to serve our community with humility and respect, honesty, integrity, and teamwork. EEO