The City of Albemarle offers many exciting employment opportunities. Our employees receive a very compensative plan with excellent benefits and with a very rewarding career.
Please note that the chosen applicants will be offered the job contingent upon passing a substance abuse test.
How to Apply for a City of Albemarle position:
- Presently employed City personnel may apply directly to the City Human Resources Director.
- All qualified applicants must complete a City of Albemarle Employment Application, which can also be obtained from the Albemarle NCWorks local office, 944 N First Street, Albemarle, NC.
- Completed application may be submitted in person to NCWorks or the City Human Resources Office via email, fax, or mail.
- Email: Opportunity@albemarlenc.gov
- Fax number: (704) 984-9470
- Mailing address: PO Box 190, Albemarle, NC 28002
The City of Albemarle is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$9.92 hourly
- Posted Date:04/18/2019 2:54 PM
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Program Supervisor
Location/Hours: Various Recreation Facilities; Varied schedule – evening and weekend work required
Closing Date: Open until filled
Main duties include assisting with various youth and adult recreation programs by ensuring the safety of program participants and maintaining records and preparing reports.
• Make sure referees, coaches and scorekeepers are adhering to the Albemarle Parks & Recreation policies and procedures and assist with crowd management.
• Report maintenance issues.
• Be prepared to handle difficult situations.
• Secure facilities.
• Be a point of contact with the public answering requests for information, troubleshooting and performing related tasks as required.
• High School Diploma or GED and background knowledge of recreation activities.
• Must have a valid NC Driver’s License
• Excellent customer service skills required
ABOUT THE CITY OF ALBEMARLE
The City of Albemarle is home to approximately 16,000 residents and provides a full range of municipal services to a growing community. Albemarle has a very strong and stable history in the Council-Manager form of government. The successful candidate must have effective interpersonal skills and desire to serve our community with humility and respect, honesty, integrity, and teamwork. EEO