The City of Albemarle offers many exciting employment opportunities. Our employees receive a very compensative plan with excellent benefits and with a very rewarding career.
Please note that the chosen applicants will be offered the job contingent upon passing a substance abuse test.
How to Apply for a City of Albemarle position:
- Presently employed City personnel may apply directly to the City Human Resources Director.
- All qualified applicants must complete a City of Albemarle Employment Application, which can also be obtained from the Albemarle NCWorks local office, 944 N First Street, Albemarle, NC.
- Completed application may be submitted in person to NCWorks or the City Human Resources Office via email, fax, or mail.
- Email: Opportunity@albemarlenc.gov
- Fax number: (704) 984-9470
- Mailing address: PO Box 190, Albemarle, NC 28002
The City of Albemarle is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Summer Camp Counselor (Part-time/Temporary)
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$9.92 hourly
- Posted Date:04/18/2019 2:58 PM
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Program Supervisor
Location/Hours: Various Recreation Facilities; Varied schedule – some evening and weekend work required
Closing Date: Open until filled
The Camp Counselor is responsible for overall day-to-day group programming, discipline, direct supervision and management of children in the Summer Camp Program.
• Supervise children between the ages of 7-12
• Facilitate both formal and informal activities
• Assist with set-up and break-down of activities and cleaning of program area
• Maintain positive and appropriate relations with children, parents, staff, etc…
• Provide exceptional customer service
• Be enthusiastic and make camp a fun and safe place
• Comprehend and follow oral and written instructions
• High School Diploma
• Prior experience working with school aged children
• Understanding of the Standard Course of Study
• Caring and nurturing attitude toward children
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Current First Aid/CPR certification preferred
Other Recruitment Criteria:
• Must be available to report to work in early June for orientation
• Must be available for the entire camp
ABOUT THE CITY OF ALBEMARLE
The City of Albemarle is home to approximately 16,000 residents and provides a full range of municipal services to a growing community. Albemarle has a very strong and stable history in the Council-Manager form of government. The successful candidate must have effective interpersonal skills and desire to serve our community with humility and respect, honesty, integrity, and teamwork. EEO