The City of Albemarle offers many exciting employment opportunities. Current openings are listed below.
We invest in our employees through competitive salaries, a strong benefits program, and ongoing career development. Our success depends on co-workers collectively moving the organization toward the achievement of our overall goals. We are committed to these values:
Humility & Respect
How to apply for a City of Albemarle position:
- Presently employed City personnel may apply directly to the City Human Resources Director.
- All qualified applicants must complete a City of Albemarle Employment Application, which can also be obtained from the Albemarle NCWorks local office, 944 N First Street, Albemarle, NC.
- Completed applications may be submitted in person to NCWorks or to the City Human Resources Office via email, fax, or mail.
- Email: Opportunity@albemarlenc.gov
- Fax number: (704) 984-9470
- Mailing address: PO Box 190, Albemarle, NC 28002
The City of Albemarle is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Landfill Operations Supervisor
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Hiring Rate: $45,000 - $48,000 (depending on experience)
- Posted Date:06/07/2019 8:50 AM
Reports To: Solid Waste Superintendent
This position is responsible for supervisory and skilled equipment operations work overseeing and participating in the daily operation and maintenance of the City landfill.
• Supervises equipment operators, laborers and clerical personnel in the daily operation of the City landfill. Coordinates landfill operations with the Solid Waste Superintendent to assure that federal, state and local regulations and guidelines are met.
• Supervises and oversees in the proper excavation of dumping, pits, placement of trash and garbage, compaction and the covering, of such materials through the use of bulldozers, scrapers and related heavy equipment.
• Supervises the operation and maintenance of heavy equipment. Determines the placement and supervises construction of temporary roadways on the landfill site.
• Conducts daily safety meetings.
• Assists in preparing the departmental budget as it applies to area of assignment and submits it to the Solid Waste Superintendent
• Assists in the recruitment, selection, and disciplining of personnel. Trains staff and evaluates performance.
• Performs other various administrative duties associated with landfill operations. Maintains records, purchases supplies, schedules staff, grants leaves, and performs or reviews daily accounting activities.
• Works with environmental agencies and maintains a current knowledge of applicable solid waste rules and regulations.
• Serves as Solid Waste Management Superintendent in the absence of the SWMS.
• Graduation from high school, graduation from a community college with a degree in engineering technology or environmental science preferred, and considerable related experience including some supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.