The City of Albemarle offers many exciting employment opportunities. Current openings are listed below.
We invest in our employees through competitive salaries, a strong benefits program, and ongoing career development. Our success depends on co-workers collectively moving the organization toward the achievement of our overall goals. We are committed to these values:
Humility & Respect
How to apply for a City of Albemarle position:
- Presently employed City personnel may apply directly to the City Human Resources Director.
- All qualified applicants must complete a City of Albemarle Employment Application, which can also be obtained from the Albemarle NCWorks local office, 944 N First Street, Albemarle, NC.
- Completed applications may be submitted in person to NCWorks or to the City Human Resources Office via email, fax, or mail.
- Email: Opportunity@albemarlenc.gov
- Fax number: (704) 984-9470
- Mailing address: PO Box 190, Albemarle, NC 28002
The City of Albemarle is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Hiring Rate: $32,635 - $34,278 (depending on experience)
- Posted Date:06/10/2019 10:29 AM
Reports To: Street Maintenance Superintendent
Location/Hours: Albemarle, NC/Varies
This position is responsible for performing skilled and semi-skilled masonry and concrete work in the construction and repair of a variety of Public Works projects; operates non-specialized and specialized equipment in connection with tasks; does all related public works’ tasks as required.
• Performs skilled concrete work in various public works areas of slabs, sidewalk, curb and gutter and driveway apron repairs and installations.
• Performs skilled masonry work in serving as the department’s and the City’s skilled mason; lays and repairs brick sidewalks, builds catch basins, repairs brick planters and streetscape projects.
• Lays block as needed.
• Takes measurements assuring angles and levels correct, sets up lines and stakes and sets up forms for concrete work to build sidewalks, wheelchair ramps with pads, retaining walls, different style curbs and gutters; handles all the finishing work with trowel and broom.
• Determines time and materials required for each project or job.
• Drives dump truck on daily basis to haul concrete, top soil, sand and storm drain pipes.
• Loads and unloads supplies, materials and equipment.
• Trains Workers assigned to concrete and masonry projects/jobs performed.
• Cleans gutters, culvert, catch basins and other drainage structures.
• Shovels and rakes asphalt paving mix and assists with asphalt resurfacing.
• Assists with landscaping tasks when project completed; seeds, fertilizes, levels the ground, etc.
• Follows relevant safety practices and procedures in equipment operation.
• Possession of a valid North Carolina commercial driver's license.
• High school graduation supplemented with concrete trade skills and journey level masonry skills and experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.