The City of Albemarle offers many exciting employment opportunities. Our employees receive a very compensative plan with excellent benefits and with a very rewarding career.
Please note that the chosen applicants will be offered the job contingent upon passing a substance abuse test.
How to Apply for a City of Albemarle position:
- Presently employed City personnel may apply directly to the City Human Resources Director.
- All qualified applicants must complete a City of Albemarle Employment Application, which can also be obtained from the Albemarle NCWorks local office, 944 N First Street, Albemarle, NC.
- Completed application may be submitted in person to NCWorks or the City Human Resources Office via email, fax, or mail.
- Email: Opportunity@albemarlenc.gov
- Fax number: (704) 984-9470
- Mailing address: PO Box 190, Albemarle, NC 28002
The City of Albemarle is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Utility Maintenance Operator
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Based on education and experience
- Posted Date:06/12/2019 4:12 PM
- Deadline to Apply:06/28/2019
Reports To: Distribution & Collection Superintendent
Location/Hours: Albemarle, NC/Varies
Performs responsible semi-skilled and skilled work in the installation, replacement, repair and maintenance of water and sewer lines and appurtenances.
• Operates tapping machine to make water and sewer taps and service connections.
• Lays water and sewer pipe; adjusts pipe to proper grade and depth and replaces sewer and water lines and related facilities.
• Reads, installs, services and tests water meters and meter yokes.
• Operates back hoe, track hoe, front end loader, dump trucks, fork lift, jackhammers, tampers, pipe threading machines, tapping machines, trenchers, air compressors, and boring machines.
• Installs hydrants, meters, valves, clamps, and related pipeline apparatus; sets meter boxes; repairs and replaces fire hydrants.
• Unstops sewer lines with pressure machines, vacuum machines, rodding machines or hand tools.
• Clears sewer easement with tractors with bush hog attachment.
• Locates and marks underground lines for other utilities and contractors.
• Prepares records of work activities both in writing by entering information into data bases.
• Exercises valves on a schedule and inspects lift stations daily/weekly.
• Provides information to the public regarding work on their property, disconnection of water and duration, and City policies.
• Graduation from high school and some experience in related construction or utility maintenance work; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer utility construction or maintenance and heavy equipment operation experience.
• Possession of valid North Carolina Commercial Driver's License.
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, a North Carolina Commercial Driver’s License