The City of Albemarle offers many exciting employment opportunities. Our employees receive a very compensative plan with excellent benefits and with a very rewarding career.
Please note that the chosen applicants will be offered the job contingent upon passing a substance abuse test.
How to Apply for a City of Albemarle position:
- Presently employed City personnel may apply directly to the City Human Resources Director.
- All qualified applicants must complete a City of Albemarle Employment Application, which can also be obtained from the Albemarle NCWorks local office, 944 N First Street, Albemarle, NC.
- Completed application may be submitted in person to NCWorks or the City Human Resources Office via email, fax, or mail.
- Email: Opportunity@albemarlenc.gov
- Fax number: (704) 984-9470
- Mailing address: PO Box 190, Albemarle, NC 28002
The City of Albemarle is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$11.85/hour ($32,658.60/year)
- Posted Date:06/25/2019 2:18 PM
- Deadline to Apply:09/20/2019
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Battalion Chief
Location/Hours: Albemarle, NC/Varies
Closing Date: September 20, 2019
Performs responsible fire suppression, rescue, emergency medical and incident response activities including participating in firefighting.
• Participates in incidence response including firefighting operations, operation of fire apparatus and other equipment as required; responds and participates in remediation activities of chemical spills, hazardous materials, and other related incidents; responds to emergency medical incidents and provides Emergency Medical Technician services; responds to technical rescue calls operating various equipment.
• Inspects station and equipment for proper appearance and condition; cleans and maintains station and grounds; maintains equipment and re-stocks supplies as needed...
• Performs maintenance and cleaning of fire apparatus, equipment, station building, and related facilities.
• Assists with the preparation of fire reports and other manual and digital record keeping; participates in special projects as required; participates in training, fire pre-planning, fire inspections, fire education and prevention programming, maintenance and testing of hose, pumpers and hydrants and other related activities.
• Participates in training on shift and when required on other occasions.
• Participates in fire prevention and public education programming, inspections and pre-incident surveys.
Desirable Education and Experience:
• Graduation from high school supplemented by completion of courses and seminars in fire service; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid class B North Carolina driver's license.
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, NC Firefighter I/II certification.
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, North Carolina EMT Basic certification.
• Ability to obtain other required certifications.
• Must be able to physically perform the basic life functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, and hearing.
• Must be able to perform heavy work exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• Must possess visual acuity to size up the color, volume, and extent of fire involvement at fire scenes, to operate heavy fire apparatus in emergency situations, and to prepare records and reports.