- City Council Minutes
- Spanish-One-Page #4
- English-One-Page #4
- Capital Improvement Plan - Adopted March 8 2018
- Special Events Permit Manual_FINAL
- E-Cycle and Shredding Event Map
- E-Cycle and Document Shredding Event
- Sidewalk Cafe Permit Manual
- Capital Improvement Program Adopted March 3 2017
- Special Events Permit Manual
- Special Events Permit Application
- City Application for Boards & Commission
The City of Albemarle has operated under the Council Manager form of government since 1962. During this period four individuals have served as City Manager. Wilson D. Coleman served as the City’s first manager, from 1962 to 1965. Jack F. Neel served as City Manager from 1967 to 1985. Raymond Allen served as City Manager from 1986 through 2014. Michael Ferris has served as City Manager from December of 2014 to the present. Under the Council Manager form of government, the City Manager is appointed by the City Council, and is responsible for the day to day administration of City government.
The City’s Department Heads report directly to the City Manager, who is also responsible for development and administration of the City’s annual budget. The City Manager is assisted in his duties by the Assistant City Manager, Nyki Hardy, and the City Clerk. The offices of the City Manager are located in the City Hall at 144 North Second Street.