The City of Albemarle offers many exciting employment opportunities. Current openings are listed below.
We invest in our employees through competitive salaries, a strong benefits program, and ongoing career development. Our success depends on co-workers collectively moving the organization toward the achievement of our overall goals. We are committed to these values:
Humility & Respect
How to apply for a City of Albemarle position:
- Presently employed City personnel may apply directly to the City Human Resources Director.
- All qualified applicants must complete a City of Albemarle Employment Application, which can also be obtained from the Albemarle NCWorks local office, 944 N First Street, Albemarle, NC.
- Completed applications may be submitted in person to NCWorks or to the City Human Resources Office via email, fax, or mail.
- Email: Opportunity@albemarlenc.gov
- Fax number: (704) 984-9470
- Mailing address: PO Box 190, Albemarle, NC 28002
The City of Albemarle is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
|Electric Line Technician I||Full Time||06/05/2020||$34,000-$36,000 annually, depending on experience and education|
|Electric Meter and Substation Technician||Full Time||06/05/2020||$34,000-$36,000 annually, depending on experience and education|
|Facility Assistant (Permanent Part-time)||Part Time||Open Until Filled||$11.71 per hour (hiring rate)|
|Firefighter I||Full Time||05/29/2020||$32,000 - $34,000/year|
|Landfill Scale Operator||Full Time||06/08/2020||$29,600-$31,100 annually, depending on experience and education|
|Outdoor Recreation Assistant||Part Time||Open Until Filled||$9.64 per hour|
|Police Officer I||Full Time||Open Until Filled||$35,000 - $38,000 annually|
|Recreation Assistant (Permanent Part-time)||Part Time||Open Until Filled||$11.71 per hour (hiring rate)|
|Summer Camp Counselor||Part Time||Open Until Filled||$9.64 hourly|