- 2013 Analysis of Complaints
- 2014 Analysis of Complaints
- 2015 Analysis of Complaints
- 2016 Analysis of Complaints
- 2017 Analysis of Complaints
- 2018 Analysis of Complaints
- 2019 Analysis of Complaints
- APD - Complaint Process
- Appointment As Agent
- Home Safety Tips
- Personal Safety Tips
- Solicitation Tips
- Vacation Safety Tips
- The Albemarle Police Department believes that the protection of life and property is our highest priority.
- The Albemarle Police Department will respect and protect the rights and dignity of all persons and conduct all citizen contacts with courtesy and compassion.
- The Albemarle Police Department will strive for excellence in its delivery of police services and will utilize training, technology, and innovation to achieve that goal.
- The Albemarle Police Department recognizes its inter-dependent relationship with the community it serves and will remain sensitive to the community’s priorities and needs.
- The Albemarle Police Department will enforce the law impartially throughout the community.
- The Albemarle Police Department recognizes the individual worth of each of its members.
Evidence Retrieval: Found property may be released upon proof of ownership, while items seized pursuant to criminal investigations may only be released upon a Disposition Order provided by either a judge or the District Attorney’s Office. If you believe we have property that may be released as described above, please contact this office and ask to speak to the Evidence Custodian.
Fingerprinting: Fingerprints for employment purposes are taken by members of the Criminal Investigative Division (when available and not in the field on an active investigation). The best time to come is week days Tuesday thru Thursday from 8am until 11am. It is suggested that you call 704-984-9501 and schedule an appointment. Cost is $10 per person.
Child Safety Seat Inspections/Installations: We will inspect and/or install your child safety seat at Police Headquarters whenever there is a certified officer available. Call us at 704-984-9500 for more information.
Special Programs: If your organization would like an officer to come and present a program on law enforcement related matter such as crime prevention, identity theft, personal safety, etc., please contact Captain David Hunt at 704-984-9519 or email@example.com.
Neighborhood Watch: We will assist you in organizing a Neighborhood Watch program within your neighborhood. This simple and easy program pays great rewards, keeping your neighborhood safer through building relationships among neighbors. Contact Captain David Hunt at 704-984-9519 for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org
House Checks: Available to residential properties located within the city, officers will periodically check on your home while you are away. To request a house check please call 704-984-9500.
Business Emergency Contacts: We maintain a current contact list for emergency responses to your business, so that we can locate a responsible person for your business during any after-hour emergencies. If you believe that your business has not yet provided us with contact information, or if your emergency contact information has changed recently, please call and request a Business Survey Form.