Apply for and setup utility services

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


To Turn on or Transfer Electric or Water/Sewer Services

  1. Go in person to the Customer Service Counter in City Hall at 144 N Second Street, Albemarle, NC.  The main parking area entrance is from N Third Street.
  2. Take one of the following:
    • A North Carolina driver's license
    • Another state's drivers license
    • A Government issued picture ID
  3. If you are leasing, bring your Lease Agreement
    • The agreement should be signed by the landlord and occupant
    • The agreement should list the dates of occupancy
    • List who will be living at the residence
  4. Any required deposits must be paid before service can be put into customers name
    • Social Security Number for tax verification purposes

 Link:  Public Utilities Customer Service Policy

Call Customer Service at 704-984-9615 if you have any questions