This facility is located at the intersection of Highway 52 and Bethany Road. Construction began on this facility in the late 1940’s. In the early 1960’s the facility was expanded from four to eight filters. In the early 1970’s the front concrete clear well was added.
This facility can produce up to 12 million gallons per day of potable water. There is a raw water reservoir located at the facility, which can store approximately 25 million gallons for treatment. A pump station located at the end of Pumphouse Road pumps the raw water from Narrows Reservoir (Badin Lake).
The facility has three potable water storage water concrete clear wells with a total volume of 4.5 million gallons. There is an elevated tank located at the facility, which can hold 200 thousand gallons. There are 12 pumps of various sizes, which pump the potable water into the distribution system